Monday, October 30, 2006

Busy week at the top

Hello, long time no Blog and for that I am truly sorry. I do have a good reason though.
Ok so last weekend (started on Friday the 20th) I went on a camp with a church in Hamilton (not the church I regularly attend). The camp was called “Fuel” and was for kids aged 13 – 15. It was a cool camp for many reasons; it was in a big field (or paddock) in tents, it was not too bad weather the whole weekend, we had some awesome talks and devotions and I got the chance to teach everyone the Scottish national anthem. I was asked to do a devotion on Job which was really cool because I had just finished reading it so had all these little notes about it, its cool how God works like that. I was pretty nervous though because the church we went with is called “the reformed church” so they are pretty old school and do very well pick hymns with very theological words even if there is a chord change every second beat. They have like this old school teaching style that I had heard about that was like uber theological and deep so I was really worried I would say something that was totally contradictory to what they believe. So in the end the camp was awesome, we did lots of stupid games and sang lots of stupid songs and lots of things like that. It was all really tiring and I was looking forward to my own bed but alas not to be.
So we all drove home from camp to the place we left off in Hamilton then immediately I had to be dropped off home and have a shower (muddy boy I was) so spent about 30 minuets in my house then drove to Auckland, so like an hour and a half to pick up the new intern and then drove another hour to go on another camp thing. I don’t know if I have ever been so tired in my life. This other camp was really a meeting for the directors of Scripture Unions of the pacific region (long title I know but it is the guys who run SU around the pacific). What was I doing there you might ask …?
I was a human dishwasher … hooray. It was actually pretty good fun. 3 times a day I washed or dried lots of dishes of the important people so that they could go and have important talks and discussions. So from Monday to Friday that was my life. But as well as dish washing I got to talk with lots of the SU people about the bible and stuff. It was awesome fun and many late nights talking to people about the different issues a Christian will face in life.
So on Friday when we had cleaned up and sorted everything out I was ready to die of exhaustion but still had to drive back to Auckland and I decided to visit the bible college there because I know some people there. That was cool but then I drove back to Hamilton ready to drop but alas I had a prayer meeting (that is a good thing but it had to be open eye prayer or I may have fallen asleep). Then I finally got home about 12:30am!!!! To go to bed and sleep. I slept till like 10 and got up and did all the stuff I needed to do.
Anyway this has been a long rambling Blog but you guys haven’t heard from me in ages.
God bless
Andrew

P.S. I will write in the next couple of days about the youth group activity of “couch steal”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Like you had an intresting day...:-)

Gillian Wildgoose said...

Post some more photos Andy!!! I'm beginning to think you're not actually in NZ - I've not seen any hard evidence. You're probably just sitting up somewhere in fife, working on a way of making it sound like there's a delay every time we speak on the phone!