Monday, October 02, 2006

Another week of Extraordinary life

Hello people time for another update (yey)
Ok so I have been away from my home stay of Hamilton while I was on my first New Zealand Scripture Union camp at a place called Karapiro but I was staying in a lodge type thing called the ABS lodge (adventure bible school) where people connected with the Capenwray hall back in England (there is also one over here) have started doing a more adventure outdoors approach to learning about the bible in a 6 week course. They run 3 every year and they sound pretty intense. The site of the lodge was amazing, it was right on a lake and it had big areas of grass and nice decking … it really was amazing. also we had the nicest weather ever, like real sunny and warm so it was shorts all week. So from the 24th to the 29th of September I was there helping out with a SU camp. It was really different to SU camps in Scotland, much smaller and more activities. We went on lots of ‘tramps’ which are walks or treks through the ‘bush’ which is like dense forest and stuff. We also did quite a bit of kayaking and some ‘biscuiting’, which is like ringos, or rubber rings pulled behind a boat that you sit in … wow I feel like I am speaking a foreign language. All these things were really god fun but quite intense. We had only 17 campers on the camp with 5 leaders. It was nice to have such a good camper leader ratio so in that sense that camp was really good but I still think I prefer a bigger camp. Since the camp I have been completely wiped out but thankfully I am still on holiday for a week but I go to Auckland on Wednesday for a while to meet Andy Banks who is the SU Director of Schools (official or what!) so I am excited about that. If you guys want you can send me emails and ask specific things about life in NZ. But for now I better get going.
God Bless
Andrew

P.S. the time difference is exactly 12 hours ahead now so you can just reverse the a.m. to a p.m. or vice versa and get what time I am at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a load of fun, what are the churches like compared to Scotland?